Re: Debian List for Idiot Debian Users - seriously.

On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 07:55:46AM +1100, Glenn Davy wrote:
> I think Jan has a point - this list can be very helpful, or very harsh
> depending on the moon phase.

Or ignore you completely.

> Postgres have a postgres-novice list where its made clear no question is too
> stupid and it seems to work well.

The argument against this has always been that knowledgeable people wouldn't
be inclined to read it.

>   I asked in this list, on numerous occassions, how to
> actually use the "rescue" floppy.

Did you ever read "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way" by Eric Raymond?

>   Every single advice I got did not work for me. I
> dutifully reported that, and so far no one could see
> me through the ordeal to a satisfactory end.

I don't recall your responding to my suggestion of Knoppix, but I might have
missed the message.  (I get over 3,000 messages a day, 98% or so spam.)
--
Carl Fink             carl@fink.to
Jabootu's Minister of Proofreading