Re: Help, sound isn't working (solved)

On 01/21/05 10:25:29, Gerardo Ballabio wrote:
However across a reboot, the correct settings get lost. It comes
back to
no sound and four tabs, and I must run alsaconf again.
Can you please tell me how to make the alsaconf settings
persistent?

I've solved my problem, it was all about preventing the snd-intel8x0m module from being loaded at boot time. Adding this line to /etc/ modprobe.d/alsa-base worked fine:

alias snd-intel8x0m off

Thought this could be of interest for someone.

Thanks all
Gerardo