Re: Fed up with GNOME want to go back to KDE

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 10:26:41 +0100, Bob Alexander <bob@ngi.it> wrote:
> In my last installation I tried to use GNOME (before that always use
> wmaker or KDE) but now I am quite fed up with it.
>
> Is switching from one to the other very convoluted ?
>
> How can I spot all packages on my system which depend on GNOME ?
>
> Thank you,
> Bob

check which packages are 'Depend:'-ed on by the 'gnome' metapackage.

If you installed gnome via aptitude, removing the package via aptitude
should pull out everything else.

If you didn't, it might be worth looking into how you could mark all
of the gnome-dependency tree in such a way that aptitude will remove
'em (any thoughts anyone - is this easier than just hand removing the
lot?)

As for installing kde,

aptitude install kde

--