Re: Re: APRS under Linux

* vic pope <g7vac@btopenworld.com> [2005 Feb 02 18:27 -0600]:
> HELP.
>      I am trying to setup xastir in debian, have downloaded xastir up
> and running. But i seem to have trouble getting internet server going.
> Does one have to have the pass-code for it to work, if so how do you go
> about it. Also i have put in www.aprs.org When i start the progame the
> yellow bar is there, but it comes back ERROR OPENING INTERFACE 2 HARD
> FAIL. Also i would like to say that i am only a beginner at linux but i
> will keep going. Thanks for any help. Vic Pope g7vac

To generate the passcode use:

callpass G7VAC

It's included in the Xastir package.  If that doesn't fix your problem
(or at least solve one of them) then you might ask on the Debian Hams
list or the Xastir list.

73, de Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of