Re: Best editor for drawing directed graphs

Eike Kettner wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 06:36:16AM -0800, jlk wrote:
> > I'm looking of a good interactive editor for drawing directed
graphs.
> > What package would you recommend?
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
> >
> we just used tcm (toolkit for conceptual modeling) for our project
and
> it worked fine for us

I had a look at graphviz but could not find any gui.  Is there a debian
package
that provide a gui for graphviz?

I also tried to "apt-get install argouml" but it did not work since
this package depends on j2re1.4 which is not installable...

So I turned toward TCM which is easy to use but does not provide as
many features as graphviz.  In particular it does not seem to have any
algorithm for laying out a graph, and it only exports documents to a
few output formats.