Re: mkfs.ext3 to reiserfs

On Wednesday 02 February 2005 16:32, Micha Mutschler wrote:
>Am Mittwoch, 2. Februar 2005 22:17 schrieb Ron Johnson:
>> On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 21:49 +0100, Micha Mutschler wrote:
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > I have made a huge mistake! I made mkfs.ext3 to a reiserfs
>> > partition. Is there any chance to restore the data from that
>> > reiserfs partition? I didn't  write something to that new ext3
>> > partition.
>>
>> What do you mean "I made mkfs.ext3 to a reiserfs partition"?
>> Do you mean that you ran mkfs.ext3 on a partition full of good
>> data?
>
>That's true.
>
>> If so, hope you have a recent backup!
>
>Well I don't have a backup ;-(

You did have the good grace to wave goodby to the data there I assume?

That said, your only viable hope is to query Hans Reiser and see if
perchance he has some sort of an inhouse recovery program.  However,
I've not seen any such mention in the 8 years I've been running linux
and subscribed to a good many of these mailing lists.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)