Re: Troubleshooting NFS - was Replacing NFS with Samba

Once upon a time Daniel L. Miller said...

> Problem still occuring,  found syslog entries of:
>    localhost kernel: nfs: server remoteserver not responding, still trying

I was having lots of trouble with NFS when it was being carried over a
wireless link (a wireless bridge between my upstairs and downstairs). I
was getting the same errors you're getting.

I fixed it by using NFS over tcp - it defaults to UDP. If you add the
"tcp" option to the mount options, it will use TCP. You may want to give
that a try.