Re: Fwd: Installing Mwave soundcard problems

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 19:21:33 +0100, Thomas Hood <jdthood@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 02:40:09 +0100, Faithful John wrote:
> >>Created device node /dev/mwave .
> >>/lib/modules/2.4.25-1-586tsc/kernel/drivers/char/mwave/mwave.o:
> >>init_module: Input/output error
>
> Use PS2.EXE to enable your Mwave modem.
>
> --
> Thomas Hood

Hi newbie here again (but from new gmail account)... I tried to find
ps2.exe in apt-cache ... it showed that there was a IBM thinkpad
config tool (tpctl... which you, Thomas, are the maintainer), but it
is only for the IBM thinkpad (which I'm sure you know).   The thing
talked about re-assembling a package myself.   That is waaaay over my
head.   I tried the package search on the debian site, no luck.   What
should I do?   Where do I get ps2.exe?   And how do I run it, after I
do get it?   Is there something I could read that would help me?

I am using a IBM Aptiva Computer (1996 model, the original pentiums)
Pentium 133Mhz (the classic).   I'm using sarge... and I don't know
what my kernel is (lilo maybe??).   Thanks for you help.

-f.j.