Re: Mozilla and Firefox plugins and addins

* Jim Hall:

> In Sarge, I need to add plugins to Firefox and Mozilla. Should I only
> use what's available with apt-get? Or, are there other methods?

You can just let Firefox (I assume this also applies to Mozilla) install
extensions and themes by clicking on links to .xpi files. It's been some
time since I had any problems with that. You can also install already
downloaded extensions via File->Open.

> I can not take the chance of breaking anything, so whatever I do has
> to work or I'm not allowed to do it.

If you let Firefox install the extensions, they are only copied to your
home directory, so in the worst case you have to remove your
~/.mozilla/firefox or whatever directory your version uses. In either
case it is a good idea make a copy of your bookmarks.html, just in case.

J.
--
My clothes aren't just fashion. They're a lifestyle.
[Agree]   [Disagree]