Re: xwindows ati rage 128 pro

--- Marcel Weber <mmweber@ncpro.com> wrote:

> Adam Lafayette schrieb:
>
> | trying different configurations.
> | I evetually got it to run X using the VGA driver.
> | think it is giving me 640x480 at 8bit.  The res is
> | crappy and I'm quite sure the video card and
> monitor
> | can do better res under gnu/linux.  I installed a
> free
> | version of lindows on this machines a while ago
> just
> | because I wanted to try it and it was doing at
> least
> | 800x600.
>
> Hi
>
> The Rage 128 works just flawlessly under woody. Take
> the ati driver. I
> had this working on my server until I did a dpkg
> --purge of the X Server
> because I never used X but the console.
>
> Usually I use the xf86config program which comes
> with X to configure the
> X Display Server.

I tried this.  It allowed me to pick the ATI Rage 128
video card.  I look up the specs for my monitor
thinking that might be the problem.
Dell
Viewable Size: 13.8"
  	Device Type: CRT Monitor
  	Dimensions (WxDxH) / Weight: 14.2" x 15.6" x 14.8"
/ 24.7 lbs
  	Dot Pitch: 0.28 mm (Diagonal)
  	Max Resolution: PC: Up to 1280x1024 pixels; Mac: Up
to 1024x768 pixels
  	Max Sync Rate (V x H): 160 Hz x 70 kHz
  	Port(s) / Connector(s) Required: 1 x 15-pin mini
D-sub

I chose settings close to the Horizontal and Vertical
refresh rates mentioned above.  I get no screens
found.    I am attaching my log file.

=====
Adam Lafayette  N1ZGG
atomlbomb@yahoo.com