Debian Rescue Floppy

In past I inquired about how to use the "Debian Rescue
Floppy"; I got a few pieces of advice, but nothing
worked.
I am again at a point where I have to decide between a
re-install (and losing files), or getting into the hda
and fixing "lilo" that did not get
"dpkg-reconfigure"-d during my kernel re-install.
I googled high and low, but nowhere it says anything
properly how to use the "Debian Rescue Floppy".
The floppy itself says that my old files are on a
"target", but I can never (well, once I've seen it
there, but only once) find any "target", but only a
"target0"
that apparently has nothing to do with my "hda".
Please, tell me how is one supposed to use the "Debian
Rescue Floppy" to fix anything on the "hda"!
And--I cannot find anywhere my "hda" once I use the
"execute shell".
Thanks, Hearthstone.

=====
If we,the people, were sincere about wanting Peace, then we would spend more on active creation of Peace than what we spend on the military.Legalize the Right to Sleep! http://www.modelearth.org/sleepright.htmlhttp://www.MODELEARTH.org