[Fwd: Re: apache 1.3.x seems a mess!]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: apache 1.3.x seems a mess!
Date: 	Tue, 01 Feb 2005 18:16:25 +0100
From: 	steef <steefvanduin@zonnet.nl>
To: 	debian-user@lists.debian.org

Matt Zagrabelny wrote:

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 19:23 +0100, steef wrote:

hi folks,

i cannot use my symbolic links (ln -s etc.) in /var/www of my apacheserver 1.3.x, running under debian sarge, kernel 2.6.8-2-ixxx.

has somebody a solution for this? i am running quite a time apacheservers but never encountered something like this

check your httpd.conf file. there should be an option like
"FollowSymLinks" or similar for your DocumentRoot.

-matt zagrabelny

i did that. httpd seems perfectly normal. yet the links in the server itself, in var/www still do not work.

tried it out on woody, on another hd in the same machine (ceteris paribus): there the links work flawless!

any ideas for this riddle???

thanx

steef