weird error on apt-build

Whichever program I try to install with apt-build, I
receiver these two error messages before installing
the build-deps
E: Há problemas e -y foi usado sem --force-yes
E: Falha ao processar as dependências de construção
This is portuguese (I'm Brazillian) and means
E: Problems ocurred and -y was used without
--force-yes
E: Error processing build-deps.

And the build-deps do not get installed. I tried to
google for it and found nothing. I looked at
apt-build.conf and it is ok (and there is no such -y
option ; option --force-yes does not even exist in
apt-build, seems to be an apt-get option). Can anybody
help?

Information:
Athlon 1200@1400, 256 MB RAM
ASUS A7V8X-X Motherboard
2.6.9-kanotix kernel
runing Kurumin 4.0 (a Brazillian flavor of Knoppix
with
kernel from Kanotix ; basically it's Debian Testing)

Yahoo! Acesso Grátis - Instale o discador do Yahoo! agora. http://br.acesso.yahoo.com/ - Internet rápida e grátis