Re: RAID 1 : DEBIAN (WOODY) b2.4 - compatible Parallel ATA disk / compatible hardware RAID 1 controller

hi ya

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005, jim biri wrote:

> That Highpoint card is in fact not a RAID card, it is an IDE

too much work .. throw it away ... or better still, give it to the
fiddler at the local linux lugz

> So, any pointers as to where I'd start?

buy a real ide controller ...
	- promise chipset aka maxtor chipset

- the onboard ide connectors supports 2 drives per cable
	( 4 ide devices ... 2 of the same speed on each )

> Does this sound sensible? Realistic? What one would expect to do?

simpler to buy a $5 ide controller at your local pc surplus place

if you insist on compiling the hp controller sources, that should
compile cleanly ... and than "insmod that-silly-hp-module.o"

c ya
alvin