Re: A general question on framebuffers

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 12:39 +0100, Mauro Darida wrote:
> On Sunday 30 January 2005 09:41, Bob Alexander wrote:
> > 1) what are the advantages of an hw specific framebuffer such as
> > radeonfb as opposed to a more generic vesafb ?
> >
> Well, for me with an ati rage mobility the difference is that vesa works and
> ati mach64 does not;-)

I've got an S3 ProSavage8 video "card" that I can't get to use the
accelerated driver.  So, I use the XFree vesa driver.

Would I see any benefits by using vesafb?

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first
place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible,
you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it."
Brian W. Kernighan