Question on install to second hard-drive

Hi folks,

Can anyone help...  My apologies if this is the wrong group...

I have recently installed a second hard-drive in my machine.

My first drive contains a dual-boot of W2K and Fedora Core 2.

I would like to put Debian 3.0 on the second disk.

Trouble is when I tried to install, everything was going o.k. until it wanted to re-use the swap partition on drive 1.  I wasn't able to specify that I wanted to have a swap partition on drive 2.  So I stopped the install.

So the question is, will "re-using" the swap partition have any impact on FC2?  (I can't afford it to be "more" broken than it is)  More importantly can I specify to Debian that it should create and use a swap partition on the second disk (I would like to eventually get rid of the first disk cause it's getting a little old).  Also, during the install can I tell Debian (I didn't get this far) to NOT install lilo (or grub?).

Many thanks,
G.
Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm