Re: Knoppix & Swap

--On Saturday, December 11, 2004 11:58 +0000 Jean-Michel Hiver <hiver.j@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

Hi List,

I have installed knoppix with knx2hd but it doesn't seem to be using
swap. I was wondering:

- What tool can I use to make sure the swap partition exists?

Two things must be in order for knoppix to use an existing swap partition, first it must be setup as a correct type (0x82 I believe is the Linux Swap type...that or 83, I'm getting slow tonight already) and second you must run mkswap on the partition (after a reboot of course to make sure the kernel reads the new table) to put the swapspace signature on it. After you've done this reboot again or use swapon.

- What do I need to do to "mount" the swap, or rather let linux know that
it should use the swap partition?

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.