Re: change my home directory or how to migrate evolution?

On Sat, 2004-12-04 at 12:50 +0100, Pascal Bonesh wrote:
[snip]
> 2. how can I migrate evolution? I would like to keep all configuration,
> filters, junk mail detection, mail settings and mails.

The first thing to do is to log in as the-user-to-be-moved and
run "evolution --force-shutdown" and also shutdown gconf.  Don't
know how to do that, though.

Then, cp .gconf/apps/evolution to the new ~.

Then, since it looks like you are using Evo 2, cp .evolution to
the new ~.

In .gconf/apps/evolution, there are, unfortunately, many fully-
qualified filenames, meaning that you'll have to go in there and
edit a bunch of keys.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"He used statistics the way a drunkard uses lampposts - for
support, not illumination."
Andrew Lang