Re: Microsoft Access

On Fri, 2004-12-03 at 20:31 -0300, Filipi Vianna wrote:
> I think someone, a long time ago have wrote a book
> titled Utopia, about a very good land where everething
> is perfect... Perhaps the people who lives there can
> write well enough to keep someone's data safe...
>
> > 1. well-written programs

I wrote *well* written, not *perfectly* written programs.

Big, important difference.

> Just kiding folks!
> ;-)
>
> I was just tryng to say that the regular backups are
> realy the best way to keep data safe...

Unless you have some database-like Point-In-Time Recovery (which
all the Big databases have, and only PostgreSQL 8 has in the free
world), you'll lose all changes from between the crash time and
the last backup.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"I haven't committed a crime. What I did was fail to comply with
the law."
David Dinkins