Re: Sources.list

Maurits van Rees wrote:
On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 01:38:17PM +0000, joebosak@uku.co.uk wrote:

Can anyone point me to a web page or manual page that shows how to set out sources.list (for apt-get) - like what to put in, where the servers are, etc.

man sources.list

You can also install apt-spy and pipe the outlet of that to a file saving the fastest servers from the area you want to a file. Then you can enter those servers into your sources.list file. That's what I used to find the best/fastest servers to use for installs and it works very well.

You can also use to to just write a single single server to sources.list if you so choose.