Re: Error with C++ preprocessor

Sam Watkins wrote:
On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 10:54:06PM -0500, Rick Friedman wrote:

I'm running Sarge and I have the cpp-3.3 package installed.

Whenever I try to build *anything*, I get the following messages when running ./configure:

   checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... /lib/cpp
   configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check

I think you need to install the package g++, the c++ compiler.

  apt-get install g++

Thanks, Sam! Installing g++ did, indeed, solve the problem! :)

Rick

--
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx