Re: [OT] booting through RTC wake-up

Alban Browaeys wrote:
But if I put a timer between the power and the voltage regulator and pop
the timer at 1AM, it does NOT work.

I add the same problem years ago. I do not shut the power off with a timer
behind the pc now , but nvram-wakeup (on sourceforge) led to think the BIOS

Did not know about this tool. Installed it from Debian Sarge and followed the guess-helper instructions for 4 boots and got a good conf file for running with --directisa. Set the wake-up time and seems to work.

Now I don't have to go into BIOS.

Thanks.

timer is not jsut hour-minutes-secondes , but a  fulldate (with year, month and
day). I have no proof of this though it lead me to one conclusion:
i guess the day part is incremented sometime in the day , if power is plugged.

thus power should be on at this time to get the timer to know it shoudl wakeup
at 7PM today and not yesterday.

PS: i have a lot of evidence that this is just a crazy guess ... the internal
battery that should provide enough power for monthes , etc . though i still believe there is an only way to be remove this option , testing
with letting power on on most obvious time for increment (12PM or 12AM or my
best bet)

Cheers
Alban