Re: Microsoft Access

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 04:14:06PM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 December 2004 4:07 pm, Shawn McCuan wrote:
> > Is there a good Linux counterpart to MS Access?
>
> Yes, anything is better than Access, even Excel.
>
> Go check out mysql...

The nice thing about Access is it doesn't require a server process to be
running but it uses SQL.  There's some kind of non-free KDE access-clone
around.

I wrote my own.  http://sf.net/projects/pim-tb.

It does the same stuff access does, but it works like I want it to.
Schemas and data are all in XML.  The UI component is for entering data.
All processing and reporting is done on the resulting XML.