Re: aptitude: packages have been kept back?

ms419@freezone.co.uk wrote:

On Oct 17, 2004, at 5:51 AM, Nate Bargmann wrote:

* Katipo <katipo@weavers-web.org> [2004 Oct 16 21:56 -0500]:

ms419@freezone.co.uk wrote:

Can anyone suggest how else to learn more about aptitude's problem
with these "kept back" packages?

Thanks!

Which packages are you referring to exactly?
Regards,

The list of packages being kept back is growing each time I run "aptitude dist-upgrade". Here is a current example:

O.K., that's fairly broad spectrum.
Bind9host, aptitude, and one or two others I downloaded/installed with aptitude last night, no problem. Some had been kept back previously, which is why I asked, but it was obvious that they were waiting on other packages.

When you use the aptitude interface, do you get any messages?
"Could not lock cache file, read only access allowed".
Anything like that which might indicate that permissions have been screwed?
Regards,

David.