Re: No text on console

I'm having a similar problem, I installed 2.6.8.1 and now when i switch to a virtual console, i get a black screen but when i hit enter, the top lines of my bootup appear, and after a while randomly colored blocks. I really have no idea what it could be.

-JSS

Nathanael Hasbrouck wrote:
I've got an interesting problem - after recompiling my kernel, I now don't have any text on my console. I still have a cursor, but no text is actually printed after lilo starts the kernel booting. No text on any of my virtual consoles, either. Everything is fine and dandy on 2.6.6, but 2.6.7 and 2.6.8.1 both break.

Also, buttons 6 & 7(the forward/back buttons on the side) on my Intellimouse Explorer don't work anymore either, but don't know if it's related.

Has anyone run across this before? Google hasn't told me so, if anyone has. dmesg output and kernel .config(s) will be posted if anyone wants to peruse for oddities I'm not knowledgeable enough to catch. Console framebuffer *is* turned on...
NRH

--
Jule Slootbeek
jslootbeek@clarku.edu