Re: desktop

please help I installed debaian and when I boot up I can
loggin fine but I know I chose to install a desktop interface
during insalation  but all I get is what look like a beefed
up version  of ms dos (discrpition not to insult anyone)
I am very profishant w/ windows half that on macs but
still good! But till now I have never used linux save a
P.H.L.A.K. live cd and couldent fully use that! but ingenerall
I'm good w/ comp..I think I figured what I did wrong
but  no idea how to fix I set the desktop maneger to xdm
I belive now I needs to be kdm but don't know how to
change that value agine please HELP!!!!!!