Re: Gnome-Panel no longer starts at login, or after

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 20:19:38 +0200, Andrea Vettorello wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 16:31:48 -0700 (PDT), Ian Thomas
> <scraemondaemon@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> [GNOME panel doesn't start using Sawfish WM]
>>
> Have you deleted the ~/.sawfish dir too, or at least the
> ~/.sawfish/sessions dir?

I can confirm that this worked for me just now, where nothing else I tried
fixed that problem.  Thank you.

Now, however, I have the "GNOME splash screen takes forever to go away"
problem again.  In [Sessions]->[Startup Programs], I'm starting one
non-GNOME application (signify); when I don't start it, the splash screen
goes away immediately.  When I do start it, the splash screen sticks
around, and the GNOME applets are blocked because of it.