Re: Using mplayer save RealMedia audio in a sensible format?

On Thursday 30 September 2004 20:20, Kevin Mark wrote:

> recently I wanted to timeshift the new HHG realaudio stream. after
> googling, I found VSOUND.
> app->VSOUND->/dev/dsp
> at least for audio, this works.

I tried that, because "vsound --timing -f foo.wav realplay URL" works
with RealPlayer.  But in my experiments, "vsound ... mplayer ..."
either crashes or plays to the speakers instead of recording.

Anyway, as I said in my other post, the answer (for me) seems to be
"mplayer -ao pcm URL".

Thanks,
Adam