Re: Gnome-Panel no longer starts at login, or after

--- Andrea Vettorello <andrea.vettorello@gmail.com>
wrote:
> If you open an xterm (or gnome term) and launch the
> "panel &" command,
> the panel start?

<prompt> $ panel &

GLib-CRITICAL **: file gstrfuncs.c: line 1348
(g_strsplit): assertion `string != NULL' failed.

No panel starts.  I haven't found any information
about how to fix this problem from the following
sources:

debian mailing list archives
gnome mailing list archives
google

I'm a little disappointed that this would happen in
Debian Stable and surprised that no one else has
encountered this problem.  I'll keep looking for an
answer and post if I find one.

Ian