Re: Firefox Install

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 21:20:13 +0200, Andrea Vettorello wrote:

> I doubt firefox from firefox.org will run on Woody (different glibc,
> gtk2..), anyway i will start running "firefox-installer", something
> like "sh firefox-installer" or chmod it +x and the running it...
>

> Andrea
>
> P.S. you'll better find some backports for Woody on apt-get.org

Hi,
Excuse my butting in. I guess I did the wrong thing,then, cos I am
running sarge and couldn't see how to update 0.93 to 1.0 Preview using
dpkg so I downloaded firefox-1.0PR-i686-linux-gtk2+xft.tar.gz and
decompressed it to a new folder in the home directory. I then navigated to
the firefox starter and ran the browser - everything worked fine, though
it is applying all the extensions I installed for v 0.93, and accesses my
bookmarks list perfectly well. Only thing is, if I click on the old access
to firefox version 0.93 runs, which worries me because of possible issues
regarding having two installations of firefox (or was that only with the
earlier versions).

Agustin