NOT ANSWERED asus a7n8x built in nic and intel pro 100 S nic

i have the asus a7n8x, with the built in NIC as well as a 2nd nic i added, an intel pro 100 S, with chipset number 82550.

I'm trying to use the netinst cd and its not working because it keeps failing to set up my network cards. I tried installing it using both the 2.4 kernel and the 2.6 kernel but both fail. The intel card just fails to install. It says its installing for 82557 82558 and 82559 chips, so maybe thats the problem with the intel card. The built in nforce nic though says it installs, but fails to get an ip from the dhcp server. DHCP server is working. plugged my laptop into the same port with the same cable and it picked it up right away.

I found the below link searching the list archives. It says it needs the forcedeth module, but when the installer is running, one of the modules it says it needs but thats not available is the forcedeth module.

I also tried doing the full install cd, and then upgrading the kernel. But thats turning into a nightmare since it wants me to install a million other packages that it depends on.

Any suggestions as to how i can get this working?

thanks