Working out Grub

Hi folks,

My question is quite long, and addresses (for me) a fairly complex issue,
so I have to thank you in advance for your patience. Here goes:

I have two 80 Gb hard drives, connected to the motherboard as hda and hdb;
the first is NTFS partitioned, and contains an installation of XP Pro. The
second has two partitions - FAT32 (hdb1) for a second instalation of XP
Pro, and ext3 where I have Guadalinex rc5 (a Junta de Andalucia version of
debian woody.

Apart from this I have a Promise Technology Ultra133 TX2 card to which two
more hard drives are connected as primary master (hde1)and secondary
slave (hdh). The first of these has a W98 installation, while the second
is has a 7Gb partition for another more modern version of Guadalinex
(hdh1). The rest of this hard drive was partitioned on installation of
Debian Sarge a few weeks ago (hdh2, hdh5, hdh5, hdh7, hdh8).

At the moment, if I want to start up one of the systems from hda1, hdb1 or
hdb2 I make sure that BIOS shows hd0 as first device. The selection screen
generated  by my first Guadalinex appears and all is well. Except that
this system does not see my Promise card or the two HDs connected there.

If I want to boot Debian Sarge (my favourite), Guadalinex (new version)
or W98, I change first device in BIOS to SCSI, and a different start-up
menu appears, from here I can boot the systems located on hde1, hdh1
and hdh2.

What I would like to do is to edit this last grub so that I can boot the
other three systems from the same menu without messing around with BIOS so
much, but here I've drawn a blank.

For the newest Guadalinex the new grub says:

Ruta a la imagen del núcleo:			/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.5
Dispositivo del sistema de archivos raíz:	/dev/hdh1
Ruta a la imagen initrd:
Parámetros:					root=/dev/hdh1

whereas from the old grub, and for the older version of Guadalinex on hdb2:

Ruta a la imagen del núcleo: 			/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.23-ck1
Dispositivo del sistema de archivos raíz:	/dev/hdb2
Ruta a la imagen initrd:
Parámetros:					root=/dev/hdb2

Excuse my not having translated the spanish terms.
My question is: What should I put in the new grub in order to boot the
linux I have on hdb2 (and also the two Xps and a Damn Small Linux yet to
be put in).

On the subject of grub, is it risky for me to play around with grub2, or
should I stick with present grub legacy.

Thanks for reading this long post and for any help supplied.

Regards,

Agustin