Re: Help with java in firefox

Same thing with testing. I installed the plugin three different ways and firefox still doesn't know about them. 1. I clicked on the window that said "to install plugin click here" or words to that effect. That put the .so file in /usr/local/xxx somewhere I believe. 2. I got the jre14 from Sun as the plugin faq suggested and followed the faq instructions. I put the .so file in the "system" location per the instructions.
3.  I copied the .so file into my ~/.mozilla/plugins directory

None of those methods did a thing.
Jim.

Paul E Condon wrote:

I thought I had java in firefox because I checked the enable java
box in preferences, but apparently not. I can't get a video loop
from NOAA to work, and the error message says I need a plugin for
'application/x-java-vm'. I tried to install plugin according to
instructions from the program firefox, but did not work. Is there
a .deb package that I can install? Is there an alternative way to
display video loops from NOAA web site?

I'm running Sarge on i686 box.

TIA