Re: Icewm and backgrounds ?

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 18:30:12 +0100
Grant <orblists@orbysrealm.com> wrote:

> Hey!
>
> I just resently installed debian testing onto my laptop, i have
> selected a nice theme... but i cant set a nice background.... could
> someone tell me how i can set a background and what format it needs to
> be in ?

Icepref is the easiest tool I have found for changing icewm settings,
including wallpaper. (apt-get install icepref, if it's not already
installed.) Run icepref from a rxvt or xterm and you can change a
ton of settings in icewm to work the way you want them to. Go to
the 'Background' tab in the left column to tell it what wallpaper you
want.

I commonly use .jpg files for wallpaper. I'm not sure what other formats
Icewm may support, though I would imagine it would support most any
.gif, .jpg, .png or .bmp.

Also note that you'll need to log out of X and back in before it will
use your new wallpaper and settings.

HTH,
Jacob