Woody's Samba recompiled with ACL support.

Has anyone had any luck recompiling Woody's Samba package w/ ACL
support? Some how or another, I was able to do this a couple of months
ago. I'm trying to do it again so that I can then add some debugging
code to track down a problem with winbindd but no matter what I do I
cannot get smbd linked against the ACL libaries. I've tried:

- Adding --with-acl-support to debian/rules.
- Hacking the config.cache files included with the source package s.t.
all references to acl variables are "=yes".

I've had the following ACL libraries in place:

ii  acl            2.0.8-1        Access control list utilities
ii  acl-dev        2.0.8-1        Access control list static libraries and hea
ii  libacl1        2.0.8-1        Access control list shared library

I'm always getting the following messages in the build log:

checking whether to support ACLs... checking for acl_get_file in -lacl... no
checking for ACL support... no

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Nathan R. Valentine <nathan@nathanvalentine.org>