Re: Unidentified subject!

oliverheard@3mail.com wrote:

i have installed debian 3.0 on my pc and when i try to login it seems to load up for a few seconds but then i just get the logon dialog again please can someone help me as i am quite new to linux as i used to be a windows user but the very second i got a taste of a knoppix cd from a friend i have loved linux since i also have a suse 9 personal edition cd and when i try to install it i get a message saying something like panic: init not found try init= at kernel please help me as i am really getting sick of windows thanks for any help

Please tell us what you'd done before this error came up.

cheers,

---me---