Re: Debian java howto for sarge?

On Wed, 2004-09-29 at 04:06, Christian Leimer wrote:

Thanks. I try that if I got java to work.

Do you need the IBM JDK for any particular reason? At newton we have been using Sun SDK only for ages as we have previously had compatibility trouble with the blackdown one, but the 1.4 package listed below works fine for me so far. Apps compile fine, run flawlessly on both blackdown and sun jvms.

might be worth giving it a go if there is no compelling reason to used something different

add this to source.list and possibly find your favourite mirror

<snip.
## blackdown packages
deb ftp://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/java-linux/debian/ unstable main non-free
</snip>

apt-get install j2sdk1.4 ant ant-doc

HTH

Blake Swadling