Re: LaTeX with Emacs

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 08:04:10PM +0200, Ali Nassar wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am using emacs on Debian-Linux to edit LaTex files. Is there any tool in
> emacs to make a delimiter check? I mean to count the number of left
> delimiters in the file and compare it with the number of right delimiters
> and then give me an error message if a delimiter is missing. I have been using
> WinEdt on Windows platform for long time and it included such tool.
>
> Thank's in advance

Not exactly what you want but under options you should have paren match
highlighting which should highlight matching parenthesis for you (when
you add a closing parenthesis and put the cursor over one it shows you
the matching one). there are a few other options related to it, but
don't remember them, sorry.

I find that much more useful.