Re: 5.1 audio files in asf or asx format?

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 19:04:05 +0200, Christian Leimer
<christian_leimer@web.de> wrote:
> Andrea Vettorello wrote:

[...]

> But for mozilla-mplayer I need sid, right?

Mmh, you're right, seems it's missing from Sarge...

> And I must use mplayer for ppc from somewhere.
> Can you test if it works with the realplayer for linux?

I don't have realplayer installed, i've compiled mplayer with support
for the realplayer library, but seems won't works here.

After installing realplayer10 (http://www.real.com/linux/) the stream
works, but keep in mind this is a x86...

> > If you want to have a local copy on your HD you can use mimms (but
> > only for the WMP, don't know if there's something for streamed real
> > file), but you need to put the correct URI for the streaming file
> > (look for the "mms://" string in the html code, for example
> > mms://wm.bbc.co.uk/radio4/hitchhikers/h2g3_episode1.asf =)
> >

> I tried mimms mms://wm.bbc.co.uk/radio4/hitchhikers/h2g3_episode1.asf
> but it did not work on ppc.
> output is
> host : >wm.bbc.co.uk<
> port : >1755<
> path : >radio4/hitchhikers/h2g3_episode1.asf<
> file : >h2g3_episode1.asf<
> time : >-1<
> creating output file 'h2g3_episode1.asf'
> port: 000006db
> request: Connection timed out
>
> created a file with 0 byte and nothing more

Maybe it's only a temporary server failure.

Andrea