Re: keeping woody

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:11:21 -0600
Justin Guerin <jguerin@cso.atmel.com> wrote:

> > (0) root /root_ aptitude update
> > Reading Package Lists... Done
> > Building Dependency Tree
> > Reading extended state information... Done
> > W: Couldn't stat source package list http://security.debian.org
> > woody/updates/main Packages
> > (/var/lib/apt/lists/security.debian.org_dists_woody_updates_mai
> > n_binary-i
> >386_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory) W: Couldn't
> >stat source
> > package list http://security.debian.org woody/updates/main
> > Packages(/var/lib/apt/lists/security.debian.org_dists_woody_upd
> > ates_main_binary-i
> >386_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory) W: You may
> >want to
> > update the package lists to correct these missing files
> >

> Are you sure this isn't just an aptitude problem?  Aptitude
> doesn't seem to like it when you change sources.list.  Have you
> tried apt-get update first?  I find that when I add a new source,
> I have to use apt-get update first, then aptitude update will
> work.
>
> Justin Guerin

This is what I've found.  I use "deb http://security.debian.org
woody/updates main contrib non-free" and it works.  I found, like
you said, that Aptitude doesn't like it when you change
sources.list.  Now I always use "apt-get update" instead, and then
upgrade using aptitude.

--
Raquel
The time when you need to do something is when no one else is