Re: "Dynamic MMap ran out of room"

--- Rob Benton <rob.benton@conwaycorp.net> wrote:

> Mr. Jan Hearthstone wrote:
> >    I am geting a mesage from "apt-get" that: ...
> >    "Reading Package Lists... Error!
> >    E: Dynamic MMap ran out of room
> >    E: Read error - read (14 Bad address)
> >    E: The package lists or status file could not
> be
> > parsed or opened."
> >
> >    I don't get any xwindows, so whatever I am
> going to
> > do to at least salvage some of my files will have
> > happen from the consoles.
> >   What should I do?
> >   Thanks, Hearthstone.
> >

> Set the APT::Cache-Limit attribute in
> /etc/apt/apt.conf to a very high
> number.

  I don't see any ?etc/apt/apt.conf
  I have in /etc/apt/apt.conf .d/70debconf that
doesn't have any "APT::Cache-Limit" in it.
  Thnx - Hearthstone.

=====
Modelling the Future:
http://gief.pair.com/hearth/modelearth.html

A penny more: Should we, the people, be sincere about wanting a real peace on Earth, we would spend at least a penny more on active promotion of peace, than what we spend on the military.