Re: Comment on running Debian on AMD 64

On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 11:17:08AM -0700, Stefan O'Rear wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 12:49:11AM +0800, Stephen Liu wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I'm prepared to upgrade a PC to AMD 64.  Any comment in respect of
> > running Debian on AMD 64 will be appreciated.
>
> Take a look at http://www.nl.debian.org/ports/amd64/
>
> It is currently only supported in unstable, but it might be in the
> stable Sarge.

You could also look at ubuntulinux (http://www.ubuntulinux.org) which
takes a snapshot from Debian Unstable to create their distribution and
which does support AMD 64.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Blessed is the man that endureth temptation; for when
      he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which
      the Lord hath promised to them that love him."
                                          James 1:12