Re: recording package transactions

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 09:11:04AM +0200, Lukas Ruf wrote:
> > Kevin Mark <kmark+debian-user@pipeline.com> [2004-09-28 08:13]:
> >
> >  for a while people have wanted a way to keep track of apt's actions.
>
> I do:
<SHELL SCRIPT>>
> Of course, files could be deleted but I do not.

Hi Lukas,
this makes a list of the packages before and after an apt 'upgrade' and
then makes a diff and then does a diffs on config files.  Mine reports on all dpkg actions
which happen as part of an upgrade OR as part of a single package
install. Although the 'diffmon' was unknow to me. I think I'll take a
look at that.
Thanks for the info.
-Kev
--