Re: Mozilla to Xprint to CUPS = no output.

Jacob S wrote:

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 19:43:52 -0500
"Christopher L. Everett" <ceverett@ceverett.com> wrote:

arc Wilson wrote:

n Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 05:36:09AM -0500, Christopher L. Everett
wrote:

<>I haven't been able to google up any mention of no output at all as result of this type setup, does anyone have a clue for me?

Sure.  Don't use xprint.  Mozilla is perfectly capable of generating
printed output on its own.

Yah, but for some reason when I remove Xprint, Mozilla starts
groveling: I wait for a bloody eternity before the print dialog comes
up, and while I wait, Mozilla pretty much freezes.

Did you restart Mozilla after removing Xprt? It sounds like Mozilla is
still trying to open some xprt library and not finding it, thus causing
the delay.

I bounced the whole box. :(

You might also do a 'dpkg -l | grep xprt' to make sure you removed all
of the packages - there's 2 or 3 as I recall.

xprt-common & xprt.

Oddly enough, I can print out of Mozilla mail with Xprint, except I
get the
"tiny-output-in-the-upper-left-corner-because-it-doesn't-grok-600-DPI"
bug.

So can someone give me a recipe for Mozilla => Xprint => CUPS or
should I file a bug or what?

It seems like I have seen mention of this, but I don't use xprt myself
so I don't remember the solution. For starters, I have heard
xprt-xprintorg is better and preferable to xprt. xprt-common is needed
for both of them.

Well I knew that, and I was using the xprt-xprintorg package.  Sorry I
didn't make it clear from the outset.  I guess I'll go file a bug, as
soon as I can figure out which package to file it against :(.

--
Christopher L. Everett

Chief Technology Officer                               www.medbanner.com
MedBanner, Inc.                                          www.physemp.com