Re: Mozilla to Xprint to CUPS = no output.

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 07:43:52PM -0500, Christopher L. Everett wrote:
> Marc Wilson wrote:
> >Sure.  Don't use xprint.  Mozilla is perfectly capable of generating
> >printed output on its own.
> >
> Yah, but for some reason when I remove Xprint, Mozilla starts groveling:
> I wait for a bloody eternity before the print dialog comes up, and while
> I wait, Mozilla pretty much freezes.

Dunno... I installed CUPS on a throwaway box here to see if it was still as
craptastic as it's always been (it's still an overengineered POS), but it
doesn't do THAT.  Moz prints right away, just like always.

Of course, Xprint has never been installed on this box.  Perhaps there's
some detrius in one of Moz's labyrinth of config files that's making it
look for it.  Have you tried moving your ~/.mozilla directory out of the
way and seeing if that cures the situation?

--
 Marc Wilson |     BOFH excuse #210: We didn't pay the Internet bill
 msw@cox.net |     and it's been cut off.