Re: df returning negative file sizes and apt-get not very happy

Stefan O'Rear wrote:

On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 05:07:20PM -0700, Pritpal Dhaliwal wrote:

so today I was trying to install testing mysql-server and I think I messed couple of things up..

here is what df returns:

bigmonster:~# df -h
/dev/hda2            -3159243779106k  1.0k  0.0k   7% /
bigmonster:~#

Here is what apt-cache policy libc6 return:
bigmonster:~# apt-cache policy libc6
libc6:
 Installed: 2.3.2.ds1-16
 Candidate: 2.3.2.ds1-16
 Version Table:
*** 2.3.2.ds1-16 0
       100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
    2.2.5-11.5 0
       500 ftp://ftp.us.debian.org stable/main Packages
       500 ftp://ftp.debian.org stable/main Packages
       500 ftp://ftp.lug.udel.edu stable/main Packages
       500 ftp://linux.csua.berkeley.edu stable/main Packages
       500 http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main Packages
bigmonster:~#

and here is what I get when I try to install locales:
 locales: Depends: glibc-2.2.5-11.5
E: Sorry, broken packages

I need locales for mysql-server I believe.

but I think what I have successfully done is.. confused apt-get big time and now apt-get is not so happy with me.

can anyone help me to get my df back to normal?  and apt-get too. .

thanks a lot in advance..

Reinstall woody :)

You can fix apt-get by removing locales and everything that depends on
it.

You can try --reinstall --force-downgrade libc6 down to Woody, but I
wouldn't recommend it, as libc6 is such an essential package.

As for df, ditch it, apt-get install stat, and use 'stat -f /' instead
of 'df /'.

Thanks for the responses guys.. SO I have decided to stick with woddy.. sorry..

Can anyone please help me fix apt-get? Is there any way I can force it to get EVERYTHING again? in stable?

Thanks again for ur help in advance.

Regards,
Paul