Re: cron jobs without mailing

> On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 12:20:56 -0700, Stefan O'Rear <stefanor@cox.net> wrote:
> > On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 09:02:33PM +0200, Otto Wyss wrote:
> > > To update my webpages from CVS I use a crontab with some jobs. But every
> > > time the jobs are executed at sourceforge.net I get a mail. This seems
> > > to be the default behaviour. Is there a possibility to disable this
> > > mailing?
> >
> You can disable all cron mail by setting 'MAILTO=""' in your crontab.
> See 'man 5 crontab' for details.

I did this before I asked but since the cron jobs wasn't executed I
though it might be the reason. So far it seems sourceforge.net cron
handling isn't relyable for project with names at the end of the
alphabet.

What's the simplest way to write a local log file?

O. Wyss

--
See a huge pile of work at "http://wyodesktop.sourceforge.net/";