Re: Cache DNS...??

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 11:18:56 +0200, Andrea Vettorello
<andrea.vettorello@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 14:41:37 +0530, Nayyar Ahmed <nayyares@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > What package should i install so that my cache
> > server resolve names which are already resolved
> > by it self, instead of going to service provider DNS.
> > --
>
> I was going to suggest the "pdnsd" package, but i'm not sure what you
> want to achive.

Hello,

I have DSL modem connectivity which is installed in a debain SQUID cache
server which is Routing my Local Area traffic as well (Linux Router) .
My service provider have given me a DNS server IP which i used to give
in my SQUID server. now when clients send request of name resolution
to cache server  it resolv that name from service provider DNS server,
each time when clients send requests. I want to utilize my SQUID
server name cache and wants to resolve those name locally which are
already resolve by SQUID.

I think i have made this clear. any way thanks for your reply.