Re: bug I submitted noT showing

Rob Benton <rob.benton@conwaycorp.net> writes:

> Martin Dickopp wrote:
>> Rob Benton <rob.benton@conwaycorp.net> writes:
>>
>>>Hey I used reportbug from a new sarge install a few days ago.  I did
>>>not have exim4 configured.  The bug report made it to my inbox (this
>>>e-mail address) but I don't see the report I filed online.  It should
>>>be here:
>>>http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=226443
>> Under bug number #226443, I see a bug reported in January 2004.  Why do
>> you presume that your bug should have number #226443?
>
> The bug 226443 was closed and it needs to be re-opened.

To reopen a closed bug report, you have to send a control message (see
http://www.debian.org/Bugs/server-control) to control@bugs.debian.org.

> I didn't know if my report would be added to that bug # or a new one.

You can send an email to both control@bugs.debian.org and
226443@bugs.debian.org simultaneously.  This way, the control server
will process it (so it should begin with control server commands) and it
will also be logged in the BTS.  The mail could look like this:

    reopen 226443
    thanks

    I am reopening this bug because ...

> But I haven't been able to locate my report by searching.

I'm not seeing any message from you in the BTS either.  Your mail has
probably not been received.

Martin

--
  / ,- )    Martin Dickopp, Dresden, Germany    ((_/)o o(\_))