Re: Help with java in firefox

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 13:40:51 -0600, Paul E Condon
<pecondon@mesanetworks.net> wrote:
> I thought I had java in firefox because I checked the enable java
> box in preferences, but apparently not. I can't get a video loop
> from NOAA to work, and the error message says I need a plugin for
> 'application/x-java-vm'. I tried to install plugin according to
> instructions from the program firefox, but did not work. Is there
> a .deb package that I can install? Is there an alternative way to
> display video loops from NOAA web site?
>
> I'm running Sarge on i686 box.

To check if you have the java plugin installed you can point your
browser to "about:plugins".

To install a java VM you can look on google for a debian package of
"Blackdown java" or you can create one from the SUN RE/SDK tarball
(and IBM too?) with the java-package...

Andrea